So a lot of people ask me about how I keep my hair healthy. Honestly as badly as I take of myself in other ways, my hair is what I am the most vain about and I am religious about the upkeep.
How I do this is by:
Only wash it 2-3x/week. Yeah I know that sounds gross but the natural oils are key to having healthy hair. On the days you don't wash it just rinse it with water when you are in the shower.
1. I use Redken Extreme Shampoo, I have been using this since I was a baby back in the days when it was called Amino Pon. Even though I don't have damaged hair, it has tons of lipids and proteins to keep it strong.
2. I also use Redken Extreme Conditioner
1. When I feel like my hair is dry I use Redken All Soft Shampoo
2. On the days I use All Soft Shampoo it tends to weigh my hair down so I use Redken Body Full Conditioner, it is completely weightless and helps to detangle my hair.
If your hair gets greasy between washings use Bumble and bumble. Hair Powder You MUST still shower and wash your body while you use this product. Buy the white powder formula as the colored formulas are messy and get all over everything.
1. Redken Extreme CAT or Redken All Soft Addictive Hair Transformer (looks like this might be discontinued :( These products are to be used sparingly every 5 washes or so. After shampooing, squeeze out extra water, let set 3-5 min, rinse out, condition as normal.
2. Redken Extreme Anti-Snap I use this everytime after my shower to fill in any weak spots my hair may have.
3. Redken All Soft Heavy Cream 1x/month, After I shampoo, rinse, and squeeze out excess wather, I put this in my hair and wrap it up in a plastic bag and wrap my towel around that. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse out.
I never towel dry my hair by rubbing it. All I do is wrap it up in a towel and go about my routine until it is time to leave the house and unwrap it.
BTW I have used the excuse that "I have to wash my hair tonight" to get out of a date before.